Feature request: 'Queue' column for emails in sequ...

Feature request: 'Queue' column for emails in sequence reports

This is the small but important feature that I had in MailChimp and is very much missing for me in CK.

Currently, there is no way to tell the *next* thing that is going to send out for subscribers, only things that have happened in the past.

With a lot of automations and sequences, having a queue of users waiting in line for an email sendout is a crucial element of troubleshooting:
1. we can tell whether sequences and automations are working correctly,
2. we can help users who write in about where they are in a sequence or if they've accidentally triggered an event that took them out of the sequence.

The MailChimp queue system was very simple in this regard: for each email in a sequence, they would say "X in queue" next to sends, and clicking on it would reveal the list of subscribers waiting to receive that email and, crucially, the date and time they are set to receive it.

Another use case is editing sequences: if you add a new email into a sequence that is already running, it is not always clear what the next email is that subscribers will get. I've been in 2 support conversations recently to make sure people would get , and I actually got 2 contradictory replies as to how exactly CK sequences treat this.

So having a queue column that would make clear what the next email is for subscribers going through an automation would make troubleshooting easier, reduce confusion when amending sequences, and reduce support use. :)

Hope this feedback helps get this feature into CK down the line.

3 replies