Feature request: Let subscribers pause their subsc...

Feature request: Let subscribers pause their subscription to a paid ConvertKit sequence.

I've talked to a number of ConvertKit support reps about this, but it's often difficult for them to understand what I'm asking for, so I wanted to put it here in detail because this seems like a must-have feature for paid ConvertKit products.

Here's how things should work:

I create a paid product, a sequence. It's an indefinite sequence, meaning people could be subscribed to get emails every week for years.

A person subscribes, and gets 100 emails over a two-year period, but then decides they want to take a break.

They click on a link in the sequence that says "Pause my subscription," and they stop getting emails from the sequence.

They receive an email from me that says something like, "Your subscription has been paused and you will not be billed until you restart it. When you're ready to continue, click this link and you'll pick up right where you left off."

Three months later, they decide they're ready to restart the sequence, so they find that last email, click the link to restart, and the sequence starts sending to them again, picking up right where they left off.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out any way to do this, which means if someone wants to "pause," they have to quit. If they quit, then when they restart they'll start over from the very beginning of the sequence, and they would have to continue getting it for two years before getting back to where they were. Obviously no one is going to do that, so my sequence product only works for people who want to keep going forever and never stop, or those who want to stop and never start again, but I lose everyone who wants to pause and restart someday.

2 replies