Holiday wishlist πŸŽ„ (a discussion on future features/updates)

Hi all!

I've been working closely with the ~250ish people who have recently joined Mastering CK to compile a wishlist of features and updates we'd like to see.

Most of us are coming from other platforms, like Drip, ActiveCampaign, and Infusionsoft. We love the team behind CK. And we're depending on CK to power the acquisition/nurturing/pitching that sustains our businesses.

As CK continues to mature and draw over power users, I believe many of these are not only nice-to-have's, but requirements in order to draw more advanced customers over to the platform.

• It would be nice to be able to allow entire sequences / emails in sequences to be delivered multiple times. When doing a lot with templating (e.g. a standard incentive email + followup sequence) the same email can, and should, be reusable.
  • Updating the Liquid gem to something that isn't 5 years old :-)
  • Merging in the Condensation library: https://github.com/derrickreimer/condensation
  • Parity between rule and visual automation triggers and actions
  • Allow for the first email in a sequence to have an exclusion filter attached to it. And if so, multiple "Immediate" emails, each with exclusion filters. Since sequences can be used for quick-and-easy conditionals, it doesn't make much sense that a delay timer needs to be associated with an email for it to have a conditional exclusion filter.
  • I don't use CK forms, but would be nice to have dropdown segmentation for setting field values vs just assigning tags
  • Events - including temporal data + metadata - that can be fired on a subscriber, and can be used to trigger things
  • Content snippets (I know this is being worked on)
  • first name as a first-class custom field. There's no way to trigger an automation when someone's first name gets updated.
  • Parity between date delays in VAs and sequences. e.g. in a VA, you can have minute intervals, whereas in a sequence you can delay until $DAY. Would like to see them be consistent.
  • Triggers based on email opens / clicks. Also, a trigger fired when someone becomes a new subscriber (I have a workaround now, but something first-class would be nice)
  • Link triggers that allow for Liquid interpolation in the redirect URL
  • Not needing to reload a VA whenever dynamically adding a new field/tag/sequence from within a VA. Right now, a refresh is required to access whatever you've created from another node.
  • "Unsubscribe" or "Delete" as actual actions. This would eliminate the need to routinely go in and manually purge cold subs. I'd rather automate this (to do correctly, would require triggers on email opens / clicks to calculate engagement) – which makes sense, given CK is an automation tool :-)
2 replies