Personal, Business, or Blended?

“When I first decided to step into my dream and create my first documentary since 2013, I decided to create a separate account for my business in IG instead of using my personal page”

In 2018, I decided to step back into my dream after years of ... well, you could call it a lot of different names: distraction, procrastination, fear of the unknown, fear of failure, settling, and any name you think of .. feel free to add your own.

My dream is to create a film business that caters to helping other people who do not have a platform to share their dream and talents ... have a platform ... did that make sense? Pretty much, I want to build the platform that others aren’t given because of whatever reasons. I want to help them reach their dreams through my content.

That dream, however, has evolved.

What the mission is now has truly always been this from day one, but I had to work on myself to get to a point where I believed I could do it.

The mission is not only to build a platform for those who don’t have one, but to inspire others that their dream is possible.

“If someone like me can make it big, so can you.”

“If this person could break all barriers and become the best of the best, why can’t you?”

In a sense, I will use my story and others to create more people who have unlocked the limitless potential within them.

woah.

I kinda got sidetracked, but you get the idea. it’s called inspire.me. I just started back up this year. Back to the quote I had at the beginning, I created a separate business page because that’s what most people was doing at the same ... have a page for your business and a page for your personal life. People still do that. Another reason was because I didn’t want anyone to really know what I was doing. I didn’t want anyone talking me out of my dreams, you know? I created the page and just posted updates on my documentary, but left it on private ... just in case I wasn’t gonna be successful. It’s pretty sad when I write it out, especially since I just realized that was what I was doing this year. Mind you, this was 2 years ago that I was doing it.

Fast forward to this post, I have come to a bit of a tough decision that I hope you can help me on!

Another reason I created the business page on IG was because well, at some point this business will not be just me. I’ll have a team and what not behind me so when that time comes, I’ll probably have someone else running the page.

The more I work on my business and really connect with inspire.me, the more I feel like I should blend inspire.me with my personal account. I mean, inspire.me is my life. I eat, sleep, and breathe the values of inspire.me.

I don’t know whether or not to keep it personal and business separate OR to make both one and the same account.

HELP. I’m kinda going insane with this choice that doesn’t really seem like it should be this hard. It feels like it should be a no brainer, but it isn’t ... because I’m torn between both.

Thank you so much for reading, fellow creatives. Take care. ✌🏽