Wednesday's Creator Spotlight πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’‘

Hi creators!Β 

As you know, every Wednesday I share a new Creator Spotlight to highlight a different creator from here in our community.Β 

Today's creator is a fun one because not only does he have an awesome gig as our Director of Customer Support here at ConvertKit, but he is also very passionate about that side hustle.Β 

I am excited to introduce you to the creative, honest, and sincere Daniel who's passion and personality come through in his answers. Enjoy reading through his responses and give this post a like and a comment to help me celebrate him today!

🌟Creator Spotlight: Daniel B., Venturemote.com🌟

Who is a creator that you look up to, or who inspires you, and why?Β 

A creator that inspires me would be Rich Froning, known as one of the best CrossFitters and owner of mayhemnation.com & froningfarms.com. His motto in life is Faith, Family, Fitness, and Service, which deeply resonates with me and how I try to live my life. Seeing how he implements these in his daily life and businesses is something that I aspire to do daily.Β 
Β 

What book are you currently reading?Β 

Currently, I am focused on building a daily habit of getting up early and reading the Bible (or Bible App) first thing in the morning. Currently, I’m on a 51-day streak which I believe is my longest streak yet! Β 
Β 

What are the top 3 productivity apps that you use that help you be successful as a creator?Β 

• Trello.com - Trello helps me organize what I need to get done and it is also great to be able to look back and see everything that you accomplished over time.
  • Canva.com - They make creating logos and/or editing images super easy.
  • ConvertKit.com - This is an obvious one but ConvertKit truly does make reaching my audience super easy!
    Β 

What are the top 3 skills that you most admire in yourself?Β 

• My work ethic - No matter what it is I put my mind to, I am able to work extremely hard and long hours to accomplish my goals.
  • My hunger to learn - I love learning new things from all aspects of life.
  • My servant mindset - I try to take other people into consideration in all that I do.Β 
    Β 

In your opinion what is the biggest misconception around creating content?Β 
Most people do not realize all the behind-the-scenes work it takes to create content. Lots of thought and tons of editing go into each video, blog post, or newsletter you create. You will need to be able to wear many different hats throughout your creator journey.Β 
Β 

What advice do you have for others in making their newsletters more engaging for other creators?Β 

Think mobile-first. Build your newsletter to be mobile-friendly in design and how it reads, and keep in mind in most cases, people want something they can skim or read in only a few min. This, of course, depends on your topic and audience but is still a good rule to live by.

How has your journey as a creator changed your life for the better?Β 

Being a creator has taught me how to be more disciplined daily to see larger results in the future. Creating content can take lots of effort, and staying disciplined in the time you have set aside to create is extremely important. Creating a little each day adds up over time; seeing this has taught me that this applies to other areas of your life as well. Working out daily adds up over time; eating healthy daily adds up over time... I think you get the point ;). The more disciplined you become in doing the small things daily, the better you will be for it in the long run.
Β 

If you could give creators who are just starting out one piece of advice, what would it be?

Start small, you may have your full vision of where you want to be or everything you want to offer in your business, but I’ve seen too many people stop because that big vision becomes too overwhelming. Instead, narrow down your idea and focus on doing one or two things that push you towards your overall vision. In time you will reach your larger vision, and you can take time to celebrate those smaller wins along the way.