Would it be possible to allow an automation to be ...

Would it be possible to allow an automation to be started by a subscriber entering a pre-defined segment?

A couple use cases from a couple different segments I have defined around cold subscribers:

1. For subscribers who only sign up for a freebie and don't want to go on my full email list, I have a segment that pulls them in when they reach cold status. If they haven't opted into the full list by that point, I figure they're not going to convert to full subscribers. If they do, they can sign up again. Right now, I manually go to this segment and add a "Freebie-only" tag. With that tag added, an automation then picks up that unsubscribes the freebie-only folks to free up subscriber slots in my Convertkit account.

2. For subscribers who are on my full list and go into cold status, I have another segment. I open this segment, add a "Cold Subscriber to Reengage" tag. Then, an automation picks up to run a reengagement sequence with those subscribers and either reconfirm or unsubscribe folks based on what they do or don't do with the emails in that sequence. (Basically the same process structure as #1, just a different group of folks with a different goal.)

In both of these cases (and others), it would be nice if I could assign a respective segment as a starting point for the automation. That way, any time a subscriber comes to satisfy the criteria for that segment, he or she is automatically added to it. And I can then skip the step of manually opening the respective segments to add the corresponding tags that are now needed to start the appropriate automations.

Thanks so much for considering this request!

3 replies