Skip to main content
Asked a question 2 years ago

Great workshop! I loved it. I took lots of great notes and I have so much to think about. A question I had though is - can a person have more than one tag? Or will any new tags replace existing tags?

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!
Aaron HockleyCommunity Guru
Photographer, Writer, Consultant

People can have multiple tags.

Depending on how you're using tags, if you have some that should be mutually exclusive (someone is either A or B, but not both), you'll want to set up an automation that automatically un-tags them from the other one if they get tagged with one.

HI Melissa, 

It looks like someone else has answered your question.  So, I'll just add that Tagging doesn't disappear as you create a new one.  As long as you give each a different name they will stay separate. 

Aaron was right also. You do want to untag someone when their status changes.  For example, If you were a bookseller, and you tagged someone as a book lover, that's one thing.  Then later you find out they only love historical books, not any other genre, then you'd untag them from the first list.

I hope that was of some use.

Best,
Alex

My experience is that a subscriber can have as many tags and attach to them when they sign up with a form or landing page.  I have a lot of my people sign up again to get a freebie in an email and then a tag attaches.