Skip to main content
Question
Jenny Forehand
Health Coach / SQL Developer
Asked a question last year

Has anyone had any luck getting Stripe products to show up in an automation event? I've setup the ConvertKit/Stripe integration and added a product to Stripe. When I try adding a Purchase Event to an automation, my Stripe integration appears in the drop down, but no products are listed...not even "any" product.

Where am I?

In ConvertKit you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Paris Hansch
Copywriter, Authorpreneur & Crazy Cat Lady

We've never gotten the 'purchase' feature to correctly sync.  A workaround is to simply add tags instead which never fails.  So instead of choosing a purchase event, you'd choose people with the tag "Purchase - XYZ" or something.

Jenny Forehand
Health Coach / SQL Developer

Just to followup...with help from ConvertKit support and Zapier support I solved the problem using Zapier.  When there is a new charge in Stripe, a zap is triggered to get the name, email address and tag name from the charge (the tag name is the name of the product sold).  After a little prep, the tag id is added to the subscriber. As @Paris Hansch47 suggested, an automation uses the "subscriber being added to the tag" event to trigger the "subscriber being added to a sequence" action.

The only downside is that I'll need to use the paid version of Zapier to use this zap because the zap contains more than 3 steps.

Question Stats

2 followers
Asked a question last year
Views this month