Skip to main content
Question
Asked a question 2 years ago

Hello, as I understand it, it is only possible to know a subscribers location in their individual profile? For locations outside the US (I am based in Hong Kong) it appears location tracking is not by country or even city. I just tested signing up as a subscriber and the location is a local area of Hong Kong but no mention of the city/country? Is it possible to tailor this setting so when I want to filter my subscribers I am able to do so by country name? I will be looking to send email broadcasts based on location so this is key info to know before I start signing people up, thanks!

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!
Aaron HockleyCommunity Guru
Photographer, Writer, Consultant

Location tracking is only a rough estimate based on the IP address of the subscriber.  Its accuracy can be affected based on how internet providers assign and report IP addresses and by folks that are using VPNs or other software that may alter how they appear to be on the internet.   You also need to consider travel... someone who lives in the US and subscribes while they're traveling would be mistakenly identified as a foreign subscriber.

I suppose that was a long way of saying that if you want to track subscriber location, I wouldn't depend on IP addresses automatically but rather on explicitly asking folks to identify where they live.

Related Questions

Question Stats

361 view
1 follower
Asked a question 2 years ago
Views this month