Skip to main content
Question
domains
Asked a question 2 years ago

Help! I am using Siteground and am trying to make my newsletter landing page link to my subdomain. I used Convertkit's tutorials but the IP addresses did not verify so I used the help function in Siteground. They told me I should remove all the duplicate IP addresses I inserted when I set up the landing page. So I did that. Also cleared browsing history and installed wordpress for the subdomain. I am now truly lost (and I think the Siteground people are as well). Is there a video somewhere that shows this beginning to end with troubleshooting? Or a chat function where a customer service person can help?

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!
Aaron HockleyCommunity Guru
Photographer, Writer, Consultant

Sounds like you've got multiple things going on here.

First, you'll want to delete the subdomain and the related WordPress installation.  If you're going to use the subdomain for ConvertKit, you don't want it also configured with WordPress. If you're not sure how to do this, you'll want to work with SiteGround to ensure you don't accidentally delete something that's in use for another purpose.

If the ConvertKit DNS entries have already been removed, between that and deleting the subdomain WordPress instance, it sounds like you'll be back to square one and can start the setup from scratch to use a custom subdomain for your ConvertKit landing page.

At that point, go to these ConvertKit instructions78 and start where it says "Let's get started!"

When you get to the section for DNS setup, I found this page450 on SiteGround's help information.  I'm not a customer of theirs so I can't verify it directly, but that seems like it will give you the info needed to set up the records needed.

Keep in mind that DNS changes can take 24-48 hours to propagate.  After you've set up DNS, after this period of time if it's still not showing as Verified by ConvertKit, at that point you could reach out to ConvertKit's support team at help@convertkit.com72 (or with the message bubble in the lower right corner) for further troubleshooting on their end.