Heather
ย ยทย Founder, Building Confident Kids

Hey CK Community, How do I go about creating a hidden field in CK? I'm wanting to pass Affiliate ID info into CK so I can track leads for my affiliates. I use ThriveCart as my shopping cart software, and this is the support response I received (but I'm not exactly sure how to set this up): "When affiliates send traffic through their affiliate link, we redirect them to the URL you've set in your product settings. As part of this redirect, we also include the referring affiliate ID as UTM value (query-string) in the URL. This means you can have scripts on your website that can read this data and then process things as you need. For example, if you have an opt-in form collecting emails to send to ConvertKit, you should be able to set up a hidden field that collects the affiliate ID and assigns it to the contact when they opt-in. You'd need to check with ConvertKit how they handle this, or the form builder you're using. Most modern autoresponders should support this. The key and value are added to your URL as ?affiliate=affiliateID Note that we don't track this data ourselves, so you can't see in your ThriveCart dashboard how many opt-ins you got (as your form is independent)." Any help is greatly appreciated? And @ShaunPenrod, the leads will be coming from my website and then clicking a button to Bucket to be segmented and then tagged in CK, so can I do something in Bucket too to pass the Affiliate ID query-string through? :)

5 replies