Skip to main content
Natalie Lynch
Certified Master Life Coach
Asked a question 2 years ago

I am new to email marketing and I am creating some challenges to increase my subscriber list. Do I need a website or is convertkit good enough? Or maybe a better question... why would I need a website if I have convertkit? Any clarity would be greatly appreciated!

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!
Aaron HockleyCommunity Guru
Photographer, Writer, Consultant

Whether a website is an important part of your online presence depends a bit on your particular business needs, but I'd argue that pretty much everyone should have one.

ConvertKit is a fantastic platform to connect with folks via email and sell basic digital products.

A website allows you to create evergreen (ongoing) information about you and your business. If you want to have a relevant presence in search engines such as Google or Bing, that will be much harder if your online web presence is ConvertKit landing pages.  If you intend to write articles (blog posts), your website will be the home for those.

ConvertKit and your website can work hand in hand to help you stay in touch with your fans / clients / audience... your website can help people find you and learn more about you, and you can then get them on your email list so that you can stay in touch and sell future services or products.