Skip to main content
Robin Dickinson
Dr. Robin's School
Asked a question 11 months ago

I found a tip on here to add a delay of 999 weeks at the end of a visual automation so I can leave it active and go back later to add another step to the automation (see screenshot). My question is whether this is necessary...could I just add another step to the sequence and everyone moves through it? Next, if it is, how I go about adding something later? I'm currently taking pre-orders for a course that's releasing on the 21st. I have a pre-order sequence and then on the 21st, everyone will get pulled to the regular purchase sequence. I put in the 999 week delay to keep them active so that in the future when I release something these people might be interested in buying, I can add another sequence selling them the new thing. But where do I add that new sequence? I'm assuming they will show as "# subscribers waiting here" but I'm not sure how to get them to move on when I'm ready. I marked on my screenshot my two best guesses of how I do it, but I'd love an official answer rather than having to experiment and see what happens! Thanks!

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!
Monique
Music heal's | I love Food |

Hi Robin, looking at your screenshot you can leave the 999 weeks under the sequence. But if you plan to add more emails within the sequence make sure you have this sequence settings, so that the subscriber will not be marked as completed under the sequence and will still receive the new emails added:

I found a tip on here to add a delay of 999 weeks at the end of a visual automation so I can leave it active and go back later to add another step to the automation (see screenshot).  My question is whether this is necessary...could I just add another step to the sequence and everyone moves through it?  Next, if it is, how I go about adding something later?  I'm currently taking pre-orders for a course that's releasing on the 21st.  I have a pre-order sequence and then on the 21st, everyone will get pulled to the regular purchase sequence.  I put in the 999 week delay to keep them active so that in the future when I release something these people might be interested in buying, I can add another sequence selling them the new thing.  But where do I add that new sequence?  I'm assuming they will show as "# subscribers waiting here" but I'm not sure how to get them to move on when I'm ready.  I marked on my screenshot my two best guesses of how I do it, but I'd love an official answer rather than having to experiment and see what happens!  Thanks!

If you're still having issues or need further assistance you can always reach out to help@convertkit.com22.

Related Questions

Question Stats

2 followers
Asked a question 11 months ago
Views this month