Skip to main content
Question
David T
Course Creator / Youtuber
Asked a question 3 years ago

I'm trying to update my new subscriber single welcome email to an actual onboarding sequence using Visual Automations. The email sequence (in draft mode) is sitting inside a Visual Automation now, but I am hesitant to set the emails' status to Active. My fear is that the new sequence will be immediately sent to my current subscribers. Of course I don't want this, I just want it to be sent to new subscribers moving forward. Do I need to specifically setup "Exclude subscribers from this sequence" on the settings page?

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!
Paris Hansch
Copywriter, Authorpreneur & Crazy Cat Lady

What are the conditions you've set for the automation? It will only go to 'old' subscribers if you've set some sort of action that includes them.  For example if you've set the sequence to trigger when you add Tag A to people, but then you realize you want Tag A to be on everyone, it will go to everyone (unless the old subscribers have been sent this email before, then they should never get a duplicate email).

If you've just got it to send after they enter through a form/landing page, you're all good.  Only people who go through stuff after you've put it on active will get it.  It won't retroactively add previous subscribers.  Basically, don't add whatever trigger you've set on the old subscribers and you should be good.

Question Stats

2 followers
Asked a question 3 years ago
Views this month