Skip to main content
Question
automations
Matias Hernández
Senior Software Engineer
Asked a question 2 years ago

I need some help with the automations/sequences. The use case I want to implement is this. I have a collection of articles that I want to send weekly to my subs, it's evergreen content so I want to allow new subs to receive the content from start I know I can do this with sequences but. - How can I allow the subs to request the next item in the sequence immediately? Like, in the first email I write. If you want to recieve the next lesson now please click here. - How can I allow the new subs to opt-in (or out) to receive the previous content. Like, the new sub receive the welcome email and I ask, do you want to receive the previous lessons? Yes/No. (If yes, it will start from the beginning). Do you want to see all the other lessons? Yes/No (if yes, then I can send a link to the archive) - How can I get the same subs into a second publication that can be send in different periods? I want to ask them to opt-in into this second newsletter. The main newsletter is a collection of micro-courses (multiple little lessons about a topic, then a second topic, 3rd, etc), This second newsletter is about other content and it will be sent at some kind of random time, only when needed.. Maybe just broadcast? But I want to enable the subs to opt-out of this content if they want. Thanks

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!

Hey @Matias Hernández23

How can I allow the subs to request the next item in the sequence immediately? Like, in the first email I write. If you want to recieve the next lesson now please click here. 

Unfortunately there isn't a straightforward way to achieve this right now, because delays within a sequence can't be overridden. It's technically possible via workarounds, but it would require each individual sequence email to be contained in its own separate sequence, and then making use of events25, link triggers23, and automation delays25 (and depending on how many emails there are, this could also make your automation extremely long, which we caution against). To be honest, unless you feel quite comfortable working with visual automations, I wouldn't recommend it (but if you'd like more detail on how it can be achieved, let me know!).

In any case, I'd encourage you to post a built-in way to achieve this as a feature suggestion here22! We always appreciate the feedback ☺️

How can I allow the new subs to opt-in (or out) to receive the previous content. Like, the new sub receive the welcome email and I ask, do you want to receive the previous lessons? Yes/No. (If yes, it will start from the beginning). Do you want to see all the other lessons? Yes/No (if yes, then I can send a link to the archive)

To clarify, subscribers will always start sequences from the beginning. (The exception being if there are exclusion filters23 on the first few emails that cause them to skip over them.) I'm not sure if that info might change the nature of your question, since what you're asking them to choose between is actually something that will always happen one way by default. 

I'm not quite sure which archive you're referring to in the second part of your question — to confirm, we don't currently support web links for sequence email content the way we do for broadcast emails (but there's a workaround for that which we cover at the bottom of this article25!).

How can I get the same subs into a second publication that can be send in different periods? I want to ask them to opt-in into this second newsletter. The main newsletter is a collection of micro-courses (multiple little lessons about a topic, then a second topic, 3rd, etc), This second newsletter is about other content and it will be sent at some kind of random time, only when needed.. Maybe just broadcast? But I want to enable the subs to opt-out of this content if they want. Thanks

It sounds like the second newsletter you described might be better handled as broadcasts, since broadcasts are designed as one-off emails. You can make use of custom unsubscribe links25 to allow your subscribers to opt out of particular sets of content without unsubscribing from your whole list! ☺️