Skip to main content
Question
domains
Asked a question 2 years ago

I updated my A records to use a custom domain (a subdomain) for my landing page, and now, I am unable to access my entire website, not just the subdomain. My hosting is with Bluehost. PLEASE HELP. Bluehost is now saying my entire website is hosted by CK because my A records are pointed to your servers. I never wanted this to happen. I just want my opt-in page through CK to have a custom domain. Why does something so simple seem so complicated? TIA.

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!
Aaron HockleyCommunity Guru
Photographer, Writer, Consultant

If your site is with Bluehost, they should be able to give you the DNS settings needed to point the main domain to your Bluehost website (the settings will be specific to their server).  Once you've got that set up and confirmed to be working, you can approach the ConvertKit setup again.  Based on what you're describing it sounds like you set up the entire domain to point to ConvertKit.

Take a look at these instructions113, specifically ensuring that you set up a subdomain and include the appropriate "Host" value when doing son.  This is likely where the error occurred.

Don't feel bad... changing DNS is not simple at all, it's one of the most common places where folks make errors when configuring their websites.  I've goofed up DNS several times in my 20+ years of working on the web.  The good news is that it can be fixed.