Katie Dunbar
 · Katie Dunbar

I was so excited to figure out how to add the HTML code for preview text at the top of my emails. First I just added it to a blank text email, putting my logo and text under it and it worked great. I was hoping to be more efficient, though, so then I selected a template from within my broadcast editor and tried to add it above the template logo, but I can't add anything there. Then I found this article https://help.convertkit.com/en/articles/4340430-how-to-add-preview-text-to-emails that says just to add it to the template itself. I went in and did that (which was a total pain because you can't add anything ABOVE the top of the first thing on the template which meant I had to delete the logo and start over). Well, apparently this doesn't work either. Once I pull the template into my broadcast editor I can't edit that HTML block at all. Is there a workaround for this? My options at this moment are to totally ditch the preview text or to build every single email from scratch. Both are kind of annoying because it feels like this should work.

2 replies