Skip to main content
Question
Asked a question 2 years ago

Is there a way to pull subscribers with a tag into an automation several steps into the process? I have an automation that moves from landing page, conditionally checks tags, adds a new tag for a webinar, THEN kicks off an email welcome sequence and a date triggered webinar reminders and event follow up. I have other subscribers I need to pull into the tail end steps but can't figure out how to add them without creating a loop.

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!

Hey @Marty Kearns36! Unfortunately, it's not possible for a subscriber to enter an automation partway through; they have to enter via one of the top entry points. 

In this case, I would probably recommend splitting this up into multiple, smaller automations instead. Typically we recommend having one automation per 'goal' (as opposed to chaining multiple actions/goals one after another within one mega-automation).

You do have the option to set Automation A to move subscribers into Automation B once they reach the end of Automation A, so you can still chain them together in that way. That's via 'Action' > 'Move subscriber' > 'Start another automation':

1:

Is there a way to pull subscribers with a tag into an automation several steps into the process?   I have an automation that moves from landing page, conditionally checks tags, adds a new tag for a webinar, THEN kicks off an email welcome sequence and a date triggered webinar reminders and event follow up.  I have other subscribers I need to pull into the tail end steps but can't figure out how to add them without creating a loop.

2:

Is there a way to pull subscribers with a tag into an automation several steps into the process?   I have an automation that moves from landing page, conditionally checks tags, adds a new tag for a webinar, THEN kicks off an email welcome sequence and a date triggered webinar reminders and event follow up.  I have other subscribers I need to pull into the tail end steps but can't figure out how to add them without creating a loop.

We also have a guide here46 on how you can 'retire' a current version of an automation, in lieu of switching to a new one. Following that process will prevent interruptions for those subscribers already going through this automation in its current form, but allow you to send new incoming subscribers through a new version (should you choose to), instead.

I hope that helps! :)