Is there a way to start an automation with a date being the event? (Edited -- can't find anywhere that indicates I can start with a date, seems like only starting with added tags/forms/etc). Here are more details -- We have recurring webinars that people who belong to a membership (identified with a tag) will be eligible to attend. The day before the webinar, I'd like to kick off an automation for everyone with that tag to get an email saying 'webinar tomorrow', then the day of the webinar saying 'webinar in one hour', then 'webinar starts now' and finally after the webinar completes there would be a final date trigger sending out information about how to watch the webinar archive if they missed the live one. Then I'd like to be able to change all the dates in the automation events for the following month and have the automation trigger when that date comes. How do I do that? Here are some other details/requirements for what I'm trying to do (1) New members tagged for this membership get a welcome email which gives them the details of the next webinar (2) All existing members get the 'webinar is tomorrow' email at 6AM the day before the webinar (using a sequence with just one email in it) (3) All existing members as of 1 hour before the webinar get the 'webinar in an hour email (4) All existing members get the 'webinar starts now' email when it starts (5) All existing members get the 'thank you for attending and here's the replay if you couldn't attend' email a few hours after the webinar --- So -- places I think I have problems (A) how to pull existing members into the automation - looks like maybe I have to use a temporary tag? Really wish I could start the automation with a date and then specify it's just for emails with a specific tag.... (B) If new members get added after the automation has started (like between the tomorrow and 1 hour emails), will they be added to the automation? Looking like once a date trigger has passed, people don't just drop down into the place where it currently is date/time wise -- that they just don't enter the automation at all. Am I right on this? (C) One last thought just occurred to me - am I doing this all wrong going with automations? Should the only automation be the welcome email triggered by getting added to the membership? And then do the tomorrow, one hour and now emails with scheduled broadcasts that are just for those tags and then just update the email text and change the schedule each month? Thank you!!

1 reply