You Can Learn the Bible
 · Bodie Quirk | Pastor and Course Creator

(Oh no all of my careful spacing got removed! Oh well. Really tried to be brief, but kinda long still!) Hey friends! I just imported my contacts and need help segmenting my list. Details below. Would LOVE any help! I just joined and I am so excited to be here, but really needing some advice on getting started. I am a Pastor at a church in SoCal, and I am in the process of starting up my own online course business. I teach two general areas: Bible Training and Productivity Training. I have set up a separate Teachable-based website for each of these areas. I imported all of my email addresses from our church mailing list and from my personal address book into ConvertKit. (I know I am not supposed to do this, but I couldn't think of a better way to reach everyone at once than by adding them to one big list to start, and then pruning from there, hence the next steps) Now is where I need help cleaning it up and segment it. I know some people on my list will want both my Bible content and my Productivity content, and there will also be people who want only one or the other. Some will also want to unsubscribe, as well. Here's my goal, but I don't know how to do this: I want to send everyone an introductory courtesy email that: a) Lets them know I have added them to my list b) Lets them know my plans for my list and the two main topics I will cover c) Invites them to choose their preference going forward. I would like to present the following four options based on their interest. Also, I would like to set up each of these items below to be a link trigger that adds the appropriate tag and places them into the correct group. 1) Interested in Both Bible and Productivity Training 2) Interested in Bible Training only 3) Interested in Productivity Training only 4) Desires to Unsubscribe from List In the end, I would like to identify everyone's interest. People who don't want to be on my list, those who want all my content, and those who want only Bible content or Productivity content. Sorry so long! Where should I start? Thanks so much. Really appreciate your help.

2 replies