Skip to main content
Asked a question 2 years ago

Sudden drop in deliverability. What could be the potential reasons? My usual open rates are around 55%. Overall Open rate is above 60%. For the last two emails, the open rate has dropped to about 35%. Emails are going to Promotions (gmail) for a lot of readers.

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!

Hey @Kunal Dharamsi24! Our deliverability team has put together some great guides on deliverability best practices, that might help shed some light on this. I'll include those links below:

I'd look at the ratio % of cold subscribers on your list (you can select 'Cold subscribers' from the dropdown at the top of the subscribers page24). And since you mentioned it's a sudden drop, I'd suggest running that particular email's contents through a tool like mail-tester.com38 to see if maybe there were any words/phrases that (unintentionally) are coming across as spammy.

If you're having trouble pinpointing the cause, feel free to reach out to our team at help@convertkit.com21 (or via the in-app messenger in your account) with a description of this issue and the affected email! A member of our team will be able to help troubleshoot further :)

Related Questions

Question Stats

358 view
1 follower
Asked a question 2 years ago
Views this month