Skip to main content
Question
April Lewis
April Lewis, ConvertKit Certified Expert & Small Business Coach
Asked a question 3 years ago

What's your biggest pain point with creating content for your business?

Blair Wadman 🌟Community Influencer 🌟
For me it's finding enough time and energy when there is also client work (and everything else) to be done. I try and do it first thing in the morning before anything else, which does help.
Zhenya
Blair Wadman I can absolutely relate to that. I'm still trying to figure out what works better, first the client work or first the content for the business. If I start with the content for the business there is a danger that I sink too much in it :D
Max
Content first dudes! You have to build up a solid groundwork and fundament that is able to represent your business, when people find you! I know it hurts to take that extra time, but it pays off! :)
Zhenya Yup, I end up with that danger too. The thing that (mostly) helps me with this is time blocking. So I'll give writing content the first 60 to 90 minutes and then go onto client work, even if I could do more. In some ways it's good to leave things unfinished, as I know what to do the next day.
Max Agreed, it does pay off.
Zhenya
Blair Wadman That's the most effective thing that I tried until now but there are still moments like "I HAVE to finish that". On the other hand, you're very right - it's good to leave thing unfinished because you know what to do and where to start the next day :)
Zhenya
Max Oh, it doesn't hurt to take that extra time because I love creating content. It hurts more to leave that behind :)
Carolyn Moore
I feel like I am doing so much at once that I know for sure I am lacking in quite a few areas which includes content creation.
TC Headley
Carolyn Moore What's your creation process like?
Carolyn Moore
TC Headley goodness my process is all over the place. With no designated work space, being a single mom with a full time corporate job that requires OT pretty much every month. My process is squeeze it in as I go. I do try to theme the months and come up with content around that. I have been trying to get ahead of the game and plan/create for the month ahead of time but so far I have only been able to get a couple days ahead.
Max
Carolyn Moore, try to outsource as much as you can. Especially if you're on your own, you cannot do all the work by yourself. It may cost a few bucks xtra a month, but its better and you won't burn out! Health first!
Max
Carolyn Moore you are more than welcome to join my wife's fb page and group. She is a women coach and you're like matching her target group 200%. Just for advice and helpful articles and discussions! 😊
https://m.facebook.com/allgoodcoach
Carolyn Moore
Max I appreciate that. I will check her out.
Max
Carolyn Moore no problem. I will send you over some tips tonight! We are in the same position as you, but we work together and its probably a bit easier. We have good hacks 😊
Carolyn Moore
Max wow! I appreciate that. I feel like my brain is forever scrambled so tips would be great. Thanks!
TC Headley
Carolyn Moore I deff recommend repurposing! That way you don't have to create as much content. I'm definitely in a similar position as far as finding time to create and that's been a life saver. Making one video stretch into several social media posts/stories, a freebie, and a few emails.
Jordan Aspen 🌟Community Influencer 🌟
Zhenya I agree with you about thewhole "leaving it behind" thing!
Max
Carolyn Moore we can def relate! The most important is balance! Often, its like either we quit our day jobs and focus 100% on our companies. Or we stop our projects and go back to our boring routines. Both are an impossibility at this point. 😊
Carolyn Moore My recommendation would be to make sure you are 100% sure that what you are spending time on is actually pushing your business forward. Haley Burkhead is huge on this, if you want to go all-in on the issue. She had a business fail when she was working on it full-time. Then when she had 2 hours a day while working a day job she successfully built a different business. The difference was her process of auditing her tasks and making sure every single thing she was doing while working on her business was actually working.
Max
jordanelisheva@gmail.com Smart woman! That kinda forces you to stay super focused and optimize. Kids also tend to have that effect! 😊
Zhenya
jordanelisheva@gmail.com So true, I see so many people who don't focus when they have too much time lol
Max Kids definitely have that effect. (...she says, listening to her two-year-old sing and wondering when her 6-month-old will need her again, knowing it'll be any second...)
Max
jordanelisheva@gmail.com haha, word! 😁

💡Make the most of your Community Member profile 

Share more about yourself! Click on your gravatar> profile > edit profile 

• About You tab:
    • Photo: upload a picture of yourself or your brand
    • About You: let other community members know a little about you as a person, a creator, and anything else you'd like to add
    • Banner: add an image of your creator brand, logo, or an image that inspires your creativity
  • Social Media tab:
    • Let other members know where they can find you and your brand across social media platforms. This is a great additional step to connect with other creators in the industry!

My biggest pain point for me would be trying to cater to EVERYONE within the content I create. I want people to be interested in what it is I'm creating. So in order to increase conversions, I try to base my content off of the needs and wants of EVERYONE. You eventually come to a point when you realize that your business isn't for everybody, and that's okay! Focus on your unique audience, because they'll be your biggest fans! 

Max
Master of the Positive News and Meaningful Marketing

For me, it's the research for my articles. It's hard to be satisfied with a finished articles, because there is always more info about the topic I write and more references.

TC Headley
Brand Strategist, Divi Designer, Mac & Cheese Connoisseur

I struggle with consistency and letting self-doubt hamstring me through procrastination.

Jordan Aspen🌟Community Influencer 🌟
writer and educator at Civilized Animal Productions

I struggle to keep it organized. I need to create sequences from the gold content we've created over the years, but it's overwhelming to me to sort through it and clean up the automations etc that I've cobbled together as I've learned and grown.

Carolyn Moore
Personal Finance Blogger, Speaker and Instructor

I do a lot of research for mine too and then my posts go on forever. I am learning to take some of the topics out and save them for another post. 

dave
Landscape Architect, Consultant, and Educator

I struggle with trying to stick with one topic and one audience.  I find myself working on topics for professional landscapers but then get side tracked with topics for home gardeners.  I'm hoping segmentation will help with this annoying tendency I have.  Same goes for course creation: I've got outlines and have started making content for several courses but have a hard time focusing on getting ONE of them done and uploaded, choosing THE topic and THE avatar student.   I want to make the "epic" course/post but really need to keep it simple, focus, and get a simple one done so I can put CK to good use.

Zhenya
Content Writer / Content Marketing Strategist

That I have 3 topics and to organize when I create which topic. Sounds actually really easy when I write it like this lol but I try to create and divide the content based on the need of the community and somehow it's hard to choose like this

Question Stats

8 followers
Asked a question 3 years ago
Views this month