Skip to main content
Question
Jordan Aspen
writer and educator at Civilized Animal Productions
Asked a question 2 years ago

What's your biggest struggle or fear surrounding writing emails?

Where am I?

In ConvertKit you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

My biggest fear is wasting time. The click through rates jump around and it takes a lot of time to create an email worth opening. Plus, email systems can make it challenging for people to even receive email - for example, I may receive an email from my own email list. If I don't open it right away, gmail may assume I'm not interested and make it more challenging to even see emails I receive. The average audience member is not going to thoroughly customize their email settings to ensure they don't miss one. 

How to write the best subject line - the A/B tester has worked well for me so far.

TC Headley
Brand Strategist, Divi Designer, Mac & Cheese Connoisseur

Biggest struggle would be delivering value and information without my emails being a Harry Potter book long. In general I have an issue with saying things in a "short and sweet" way.

Carolyn Moore
Personal Finance Blogger, Speaker and Instructor

I want to have normal conversation that naturally gets people to take action. Instead I feel like I come off unnatural and sales pitchy. 

shawn
Web Designer, Graphic Designer, Author, and Speaker

Providing needed information and not overdoing it.  Consistency

Paris Hansch
Copywriter, Authorpreneur & Crazy Cat Lady

Finding the time to write as many as I want to.. I have this big automation vision but right now I haven't gotten past the welcome sequence!

neona (Kayla Marie Quinn)
Neona.ca - new moon, lighting up creatives and illuminating the path

I always worry they're going to be rambly and annoying.