Skip to main content
Asked a question 8 months ago

When it comes to learning a new tool or platform, do you find written documentation to be the most helpful? Video? A mixture of both? What about those things makes them the most helpful for you?

Where am I?

In ConvertKit you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Jordan Aspen
writer and educator at Civilized Animal Productions

If I have to pick one, written because it's searchable and skimmable. But a mixture is ideal so you can get the best of both worlds

Carolyn Moore
Personal Finance Blogger, Speaker and Instructor

I like to watch videos while taking notes. I really retain information better when I write it down. I prefer videos because they can better demonstrate how tools work. 

April Lewis
April Lewis, ConvertKit Certified Expert & Small Business Coach

I prefer quick videos, or at least content that has screenshots.

Paris Hansch
Copywriter, Authorpreneur & Crazy Cat Lady

Most people like video, I can’t stand it and its hard to learn from. Give me something written down any day and I’ll be able to go through it 3x as fast. 

Andy Gibson
Analytics consultant | Adjunct professor | Online business & marketing educator

I personally like both, but even more so I like to actually get in the tool, poke around, and use it.

Very curious personally: What tools/platforms are you all trying to learn, want to learn, or currently have problems with? 

I'll be putting together an online course on Google Analytics for online businesses/entrepreneurs in the next month or so, but curious what else you guys could use help with?

TC Headley
Brand Strategist, Divi Designer, Mac & Cheese Connoisseur

I prefer video especially if I'm trying to learn how to do something (like edit a photo in photoshop or add a certain effect to a web page) because I'm able to quickly consume the content. Especially on platforms that allow altering the video speed. With tutorials I often go through on 1.5-1.75x speed so that I can quickly learn what I need to learn and get back to implementing it.