Why does a copied automation modify the sequence of an original automation? I've just found out that when you modified a sequence from a copied automation, this will also modify the original sequence from it. When you make a copy of the automation, whatever messages you modify on the sequence of the copied version will also be modified on the original sequence. In my case, I've lost 5 messages from the original sequence when I edited the copied automation. I found this out the hard way, when I returned to the original automation and noticed that the sequence had been modified as well!! My first 5 messaged were erased and I had to write again one by one. This can be easily solved by automatically creating a copied version of the sequences when someone creates another copy of the automation. This should be done by default or at least, CK should notify users that editing one automation will affect both sequences! I have been severely affected by this and had to spend a lot of time 1st understanding this and 2nd fixing it all by hand to make sure my original automation remained the same... defeating the purpose of saving time with the automation.

2 replies